[pmwiki-users] RFC: Edit textarea disable "Escape" key

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Nov 28 03:35:28 PST 2022

Hello,

As previously mentioned, I am working on removing dependencies from
'unsafe-inline' scripts in the PmWiki core.

The edit form has a very old inline script (from 2003) which captures
and disables the "Escape" key.

At the time, pressing the "Esc" key on your keyboard would "reset" the
text area, losing all changes. This was clearly very annoying at the
time, but I believe browsers no longer do this.

I have tentatively removed this script from the edit form in the
pre-release, which is enabled on pmwiki.org.

I'd like to invite you to test the edit form with all your browsers. For
example edit the WikiSandbox, or a new empty page, make some changes,
then press your "Escape" key and observe if the form has reset/reverted.
In this case, please report what is your browser and version.

Thanks,
Petko

--
If you upgrade :  https://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades