[pmwiki-users] Repeated prompts for passwords?

Jeff Henry jbhenry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:27:19 PDT 2023

Hello Petko,

I finally got this resolved. After turning on $EnableDiag, I started seeing
these messages:

Warning: Unknown:
open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72/sess_vufc8hge4dhfmdcqm3d0d74ah3,
O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that
the current setting of session.save_path is correct
(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72) in Unknown on line 0

So, I opened a ticket with my hosting provider. According to them, the
updated the php.ini to correct this. Looking at the output of phpinfo
before and after, I see that they've changed the directory in
session.save_path. I assume the old one either did not exist or had invalid
permissions. No idea how it all managed to work for *years* then suddenly
did not. Oh the joy of remote discount hosting!

I appreciate your help in getting to a resolution!
Thanks,
Jeff.

--
Jeff Henry