[pmwiki-devel] Planned next features? (was pmwiki-2.2.0-beta17 released)

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:57:58 CST 2006

On 12/14/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've just released pmwiki-2.2.0-beta17, which adds the (:input select ...:)
> and (:input default ...:) markups to PmWiki.  This latest release is
> available from
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.0-beta17.tgz
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.0-beta17.zip
>     svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest
>
> In the distribution files above I inadvertently forgot to include
> the updated ReleaseNotes page, so these distributions still contain
> the ReleaseNotes for beta16.  Rather than try to fix the beta17
> distribution I'll just correct it in beta18 (in fact, beta18 may
> end up being an update of a lot of documentation pages into the
> distribution).
>
> The (:input:) markup went through some significant internal
> refactoring, so any sites that are doing substantial things
> with forms (especially any customizations to the (:input:)
> markups) may want to carefully test those customizations in this release.
>
> This release also fixes a couple of minor bugs in (:searchbox:)
> and in case conversions for xlpage-utf-8.php .
>
> Comments, questions welcome as always on the pmwiki-users
> mailing list.
>
> Thanks!

Could you provide us some hints on what features you planned for next
releases and when will they occur?

To not been mistaken, I don't want to put any more pressure on you ;)
but I think it would be nice to provide us rough guidelines to avoid
recipe writers becoming (too rapidly) wheels (re)inventors [1]...

...more precisely, I would really appreciate to know your feelings about trails.

Dom

[1] at your wheel ;)
http://www.theriotwheel.com/index.html
or: