[pmwiki-devel] More database standards

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Sun Dec 17 14:51:01 CST 2006

Marc wrote:
>> in which case a
>> standard format (array('database'=>dbname, 'table'=>tablename)) is not
>> necessary.
>
> This doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid. Why is it 'not necessary'?

Because my recipes don't work with tables the same way yours do.  If you
would like to look at a script -- an actual, functioning recipe that you
can try, with all the code in context, and heavily annotated -- please
visit Cookbooks/DataQuery.  Of course it requires the Database Standard
that's on the Database Standard page, so if you've modified your copy
you'll need a fresh one.

> Yes, I have presented quite a lot of code.

...out of context.  But the pieces of code you've posted don't work with
the rest of the code I write, because you and I do not write code the
same way.  I hope at least that much has become clear from our
conversation.  If you will give me a PHP script, in its entirety, with a
<?php at the start and a ?> at the end, that I can put on my server and
try, and analyze, then I will try again to understand the benefits of
your system.

Until then, that's all I have to say. --Ben