[pmwiki-devel] Login and function PmWikiAuth

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sat Dec 23 09:23:41 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 06:47:53PM -0000, marc wrote:
> > marc said...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I prefer to use a login form in the sidebar - just username and password
> > > - along with authuser and authuserdb. This works fine except  when an
> > > invalid login occurs. In this case $AuthPromptFmt is opened in the main
> > > page.
> > >
> > > This look a bit odd, because there are then two login prompts on the
> > > page: one in the sidebar and one on the main page.
> > >
> > > What I am trying to achieve is to retain the main page unchanged, and
> > > simply report login/page access errors in the sidebar form.
> > >
> > > I can see that this is handled by the last lines of PmWikiAuth(), but
> > > can't think of a way to change this in situ to do what I want.
> > >
> > > Is the best way to copy PmWikiAuth() with appropriate changes, and point
> > > to it via $AuthFunction? Or, more likely, am I way off base?
> >
> > <bump>
> >
> > Please let me know if I've not explained the issue well enough.
>
> It's explained well enough -- I don't have a quick answer (but
> I'm thinking about it).
>
> It seems as though putting
>
>     (:redirect {*$FullName}:)
>
> into Site.AuthForm might get pretty close -- i.e., whenever
> someone requests a protected action, it returns them to the
> 'view' of the page.  But I'm not sure how to get a login/page access
> error message into the sidebar in that case.

Sorry if this appears a second time, but it seems that the two PmWiki
groups on Gmane are broken.

By replacing Site.AuthForm with

    (:redirect {*$FullName}:)

oddly, the text of the markup is displayed, e.g.

    (:redirect Testing.AdminOnlyPage:)

rather than it being actioned. Same effect when I change the redirect
to, say:

    (:redirect Main.HomePage:)

Although, in this case, when I go to Site.AuthForm, I am redirected.

--
Best,
Marc