[pmwiki-devel] $EnableRelativePageVars & Links do not apply to attached file (2.2.0 beta)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 21:22:44 CST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 07:10:24PM -0800, Matt Myers wrote:
> When I go to the Main.HomePage, it shows the Spec.pdf as non-existent
> and wants me to upload Main.HomePage/Spec.pdf.  Why is the attachment
> not relative to the included page (Main.InternalSpecs/Spec.pdf)?
>
> I thought this was what was supposed to be fixed with the new
> "relative links for included pages" enhancement in 2.2.0??

It's planned for 2.2.0, but I haven't quite figured out how to
cleanly do it yet.  So, that's why it's not working.

Part of the issue is that in order to get the relative page link
into the right place, PmWiki has to insert a group+page name into
the Attach: link.  But this will cause the displayed text to
change -- i.e., Attach:xyz.pdf coming from an (:include:) page
would display as Attach:Main.XYZ/xyz.pdf .  So, I'm trying to
come up with a good way to adjust the markup to handle this
without drastically changing too much about how it gets displayed.
I have some ideas about it, but just haven't committed yet.

Thanks!