[pmwiki-devel] New Recipe: Content

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 11:00:39 CDT 2007

--- Dominique Faure <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/10/07, Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> [...]
> >

> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock
> >
> > > I think for this one you'd still want to be able
> > > select & copy  text....creating a beautified
> image loses
> > > some appeal for sourcecode.  Or did you mean to
> use this to export
> > > to a text-processing app, and return to the wiki
> as coded
> > > text?
> >
> > I was thinking at least as just a way to provide a
> link to the source.  If you
> > are going to go through the effort to put source
> code into a wiki page it
> > would be nice to be able to click on a link and
> get just the source code in a
> > file so that you can run it locally right? :)
> >

> This feature is publically available since
> 2007-04-30. In fact I wrote
> it 4 month before but didn't had time to release it
> ;)

Cool.  I certainly didn't mean to pick on this recipe
or its feature set, especially since I never gave it a
fair overview, it seems very thorough.  It does not
look like there would be any other benefits from the
content system for this recipe, ...unless someone
wanted links to compiled versions of the code. ;)

-Martin