[pmwiki-devel] Link Kludge.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Wed Oct 31 12:42:55 CDT 2007

I have a problem, and there doesn't seem to be a simple way of solving it. The
markup [[Group/]] creates a link to the home page of Group. This is done via
the definition of $DefaultName. What I need, is a way to associate different
home pages with different groups. Its trivial to write up a function that
looks up the home page for a particular group, but the context in which
$DefaultName is expanded doesn't seem to include the information of which
group the home page is for.

This makes it impossible to do it in any simple way that I can think of. Its
looking like I'll have to set $MakePageNameFunction so as to point to my own
copy of MakePageName() which is only different from the original in that it
calls a modified FmtPageName() function which differs only in that it caches
its $fmt parameter in a global variable, for use by any function (like mine)
that cares.

I keep thinking there has to be a better way, but I haven't found one.