[pmwiki-devel] Link Kludge.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 31 12:50:57 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:42:55PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> I have a problem, and there doesn't seem to be a simple way of solving it. The
> markup [[Group/]] creates a link to the home page of Group. This is done via
> the definition of $DefaultName. What I need, is a way to associate different
> home pages with different groups. Its trivial to write up a function that
> looks up the home page for a particular group, but the context in which
> $DefaultName is expanded doesn't seem to include the information of which
> group the home page is for.
> [...]

Better would be to come up with a $HomePage page variable that
returns the home page for any page in a given group.

If you can describe the process by which we identify a group's
home page, I can describe how to turn it into a page variable.
Something like this might even make it into the core, since something
like $HomePage would seem to be a _lot_ more flexible than the current
$DefaultName mechanism.