[pmwiki-devel] Problem with using getimagesize($PageLogoUrl) on PmWiki.com

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 10 11:47:04 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM, DaveG<pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
> H. Fox wrote:
>>
>> It needs a filesystem location, not a web location.
>>
>> http://qdig.sourceforge.net/Support/URLAndFilesystemPaths
>> http://qdig.sourceforge.net/temp/path_helper.php
>
> Thanks for the information. It looks like support for URL's was added in PHP
> 4.0.5

I didn't realize that.  If your logo image file is right there on the
same filesystem, I still think it makes much more sense to avoid doing
a local web request for each page that has a logo.  Using the
filesystem path would certainly be faster.

> -- guess PmWiki is old-school :)

PmWiki's minimum requirement is PHP 4.1 and getimagesize() is a PHP
function, so it doesn't seem like PmWiki would be what's making it
happen or not happen.

A thought: Security settings on the server may be denying PHP scripts
from requesting URLs.

Hagan