[pmwiki-devel] Problem with using getimagesize($PageLogoUrl) on PmWiki.com

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Aug 10 13:01:53 CDT 2009

H. Fox wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM, DaveG<pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
>> H. Fox wrote:
>>> It needs a filesystem location, not a web location.
>>>
>>> http://qdig.sourceforge.net/Support/URLAndFilesystemPaths
>>> http://qdig.sourceforge.net/temp/path_helper.php
>> Thanks for the information. It looks like support for URL's was added in PHP
>> 4.0.5
>
> I didn't realize that.  If your logo image file is right there on the
> same filesystem, I still think it makes much more sense to avoid doing
> a local web request for each page that has a logo.  Using the
> filesystem path would certainly be faster.
Agreed, but this is the way pmwiki.com appears to be configured.

>> -- guess PmWiki is old-school :)
>
> PmWiki's minimum requirement is PHP 4.1 and getimagesize() is a PHP
> function, so it doesn't seem like PmWiki would be what's making it
> happen or not happen.
>
> A thought: Security settings on the server may be denying PHP scripts
> from requesting URLs.
Possibly. I do provide a mechanism to feed in the height and width, to
prevent the getimagesize lookup. I'll add that documentation to the
skin, which will resolve this problem. I think this is a reasonable work
around if someone else experiences the problem in the future.

  ~ ~ David