[pmwiki-devel] disabling and modifying markup for specific recipe output

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 24 16:30:00 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 08:28:24PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> I wonder how a recipe can disable or modify specific markup for
> its own HTML output, without affecting the rest of  a page.
>
> The recipe shall process some text, then return it with something like
>
> return Keep(MarkupToHTML($pagename, $text));
>
> But I'd like to have some control over various markup renderings,
> and calling Markup() or DisableMarkup() from within the recipe
> function does not have an effect.

It should.  If it's not having an effect, that indicates that
something else is happening somewhere, or there's a bug.

Of course, a function being run from within the markup engine
cannot reliably disable markups that have already been processed.
That would have to be done before markup processing begins.