[pmwiki-devel] PIT dead ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jun 18 06:51:36 CDT 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 12:03:44 Jan Bernitt wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello.

> I added some feature request to PIT some month ago..
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01046
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01047
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01084
>
> I think all 3 are small and simple changes but nothing happens for month
> as you can see. Is the issue tracking dead

No, it is not dead but priorities should be given to bugfixes and to features
for which a real need can be demonstrated for many wikis.

Considering feature requests for the Core, we need to follow the PmWiki
philosophy #3. If the feature will not be usefull to and used by many wikis,
it is probably better to consider writing an independent recipe for it.
(Please do.)

For PITS/01046, you can probably use the following recipe :
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

> and such things solved by discussions in the newsgroups ?

You can send your request to the mailing list -- you just did! -- and if
somebody wants (is able/knows how) to write the functions you want, they will
reply to you.

Thanks,
Petko