[pmwiki-devel] preg_replace /e depreciated in php 5.5

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 7 17:06:35 CDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 11:59:27PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> So, for the moment there is no ETA, but we should probably document
> what can be done to hide the warnings.

More directly, for the next release of PmWiki, change line 28 from

    error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

to something like

    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED);

This will turn off the deprecation warnings without site admins
having to go update all of their local site configs (and so that
people won't be surprised when their webhost upgrades to PHP 5.5).