[pmwiki-devel] Is EnablePathInfo required for action=$PageUrl in forms?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed May 8 09:53:54 CDT 2013

Peter Bowers writes:
> Is it required to have $EnablePathInfo=1 set in order to use
>
> (:form action=$PageUrl:)

You probably mean (:input form:) not (:form:), and later {$PageUrl} not
$PageUrl.

No, it is not required, but if the script which is receiving the posted form
expects a $_POST['n'] or $_GET['n'] variable instead of $_REQUEST['n'] or
simply $pagename, you may need to add to the form

   (:input hidden n {*$FullName}:)

> I see that PITS.PITS uses action=$PageUrl, but this seems not to work on
> systems not using $EnablePathInfo...

(:input form action={$PageUrl}:) works on my home server, the posted form
lands on the same WikiSandbox page and not on Main.HomePage.

Petko