[pmwiki-devel] Is EnablePathInfo required for action=$PageUrl in forms?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed May 8 10:04:43 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:

> Peter Bowers writes:
>
>> Is it required to have $EnablePathInfo=1 set in order to use
>>
>> (:form action=$PageUrl:)
>>

> You probably mean (:input form:) not (:form:), and later {$PageUrl} not
> $PageUrl.

Thank you for correctly interpreting my overly abbreviated typing... :-)

> No, it is not required,

So is there something else going on in my configuration that makes it so
without $EnablePathInfo it goes to my default page?

(Example: http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php?n=Test.Form -- I think I've left
it with $EnablePathInfo=1 right now...)

> but if the script which is receiving the posted form expects a $_POST['n']
> or $_GET['n'] variable instead of $_REQUEST['n'] or simply $pagename, you
> may need to add to the form
>
>   (:input hidden n {*$FullName}:)
>
> I'm just using pmwiki.php as the receiving script -- this is just PITS
that I'm helping David S with...

>  I see that PITS.PITS uses action=$PageUrl, but this seems not to work on
>> systems not using $EnablePathInfo...
>>

> (:input form action={$PageUrl}:) works on my home server, the posted form
> lands on the same WikiSandbox page and not on Main.HomePage.

Do you have $EnablePathInfo=1 or not?

-Peter