[pmwiki-devel] Question about Reorder function in PITS.php on pmwiki.org

David Sovinski aslan at aslandata.com
Thu May 9 10:04:15 CDT 2013

On 5/9/2013 9:39 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> David Sovinski writes:
>> After examining the code from the above page, I noticed that part of
>> the definition of the Reorder DropDownListBox was
>> (:input select order "-priority2" "Priorities (5 → 0)":)
>> (:input select order "priority2" "Priorities (0 → 5)":)
>> but priority2 is not defined in the PITS.php code
>>
>> I changed the page code to
>> (:input select order "-priority" "Priorities (5 → 0)":)
>> (:input select order "priority" "Priorities (0 → 5)":)
>>
>> and all the Reordering started working as I expected.
>>
>> Is pmwiki.org running a custom version of PITS.php?
>> Or is there something else going on to define "priority2"?
>
> It is using the PITS.php file which is attached at the beginning of
> the Cookbook:PITS recipe, the priority2 markup expression is defined
> at the end of it. Here is a direct link to the file, the one in use is
> the same:
>
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/PITS.php
>
> The pmwiki.org PITS uses the markup (:pits2list:) and not (:pitslist:)
> and it calls the function FmtPits2List() which works with priority2.
>
> Petko

So that's what happened!
I just checked and...
Without realizing it, I have been using a 2005 version of PITS.php on my
.com site
I have the correct version on my machine but uploaded the old one
accidentally when I created my .com site.

Now we'll have to decide if we want to update pits-0.24.php so that
others that use it can grab Source examples right off pmwiki.org and use
them without modification.

--
David Sovinski