[pmwiki-devel] pmwiki.css

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Jan 5 05:02:35 CST 2014

Simon writes:
> I think that we should also consider consistently using em or %, not both.
> There are some subtle differences, see http://kyleschaeffer.com/user-
> experience/css-font-size-em-vs-px-vs-pt-vs/

The differences are not that subtle. :-)

For "font-size", there are no differences, subtle or other, 1em and 100% are
exactly the same, 83% and 0.83em are exactly the same, and are related to
the parental "font-size". You can replace one with the other but there is no
need to do so, it changes nothing.

For "width" there is a huge, not subtle difference, percents are related to
the parental "width", ems are related to the parental "font-size". You
cannot replace one with the other.

Petko

Petko