[Pmwiki-users] Re: Group and/on Paging "Cloaking"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jul 27 10:52:09 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:58:34AM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> Anyone have a interest in discussing in the possibility of "cloaking"
> groups or pages in PmWiki?
>
> With "cloaking" on, PmWiki would suppress from all listings, i.e.,
> Main/AllRecentChanges, etc., the group or page names that have the
> "cloaking" flag set.

You can do this already for the Main/AllRecentChanges pages, although
cloaking pages from the search page may still be a bit difficult (I'm
looking into this one).  For example, if you want to cloak all the pages
in CloakedGroup, simply add the following line to local/CloakedGroup.php :

    $RecentChanges = array();

This turns off the updating of any RecentChanges pages when the page is
edited/saved.  If you want to cloak an individual page, instead of a group,
just add the above line to the per-page customization file instead.

And yes, I think it would be possible to add a cloak feature via the
attributes page without too much trouble, I just need to ruminate on the
overall problem a bit more.  Good idea!  Any comments and/or suggestions
from others would be greatly appreciated.