[Pmwiki-users] headlines

alboldt@gmx.net alboldt
Thu Sep 11 07:45:12 CDT 2003

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:00:06AM +0200, alboldt at gmx.net wrote:
> >
> > When I edit a (new or existing) dokument and put a headerline level 1 (!
> > anything) in the first line, it won't be displayed as a headline but as
> normal
> > text.
> > To work around, I added an empty line before, but when it is saved, the
> > first blankline will be cut off and the result will be the same.
>
> Hmmmm.  I haven't seen or heard of this problem before.  I tried it myself
> on pmichaud.com and having ! as the first line seems to work for me.
> Could
> you give an example on pmichaud.com's WikiSandbox?
I'm running pmwiki on a WAMP for testing and on LAMP at my ISP.
The problem I've mentioned occures on the WAMP but not on the LAMP (and
possibly not in the wiki sandbox).
The wiki pagesource is:

version=pmwiki-0.5.20
newline=?
text=! Test Seite 2 Titelzeile??Test Seite2??Text text text??!! Header level
2??Text text text??!!! Header Level 3???!!! Test
url's:?pmwiki=[[pmwiki]]?irfanview=[[irfanview]]??text2 text3 text4??Trailer:
?%trail%<<|Testing.DruckeAlles|>>
time=1063287343

If I enter a blankline before the first headerline, the headerline will be
displayed right. But the next time I edit the page, the blankline will be
removed and then the headerlines turn to normal text again.
If I enter one blank iin the first line, the line will be preserved and the
headerline will be displayed right.

I will do some debugging and report the results.

> > Second question: can I post mails to this mailinglist only with my
> specified
> > email-account ? My problem: during the day I could better use a second
> > account, the one I specified my subscription data I mainly use at home .
>
> The mailing list only accepts postings from people who are subscribed to
> the list.  The easy answer is to subscribe each account from which you
> will send mail, and then use the mailing list subscription options to
> turn off mail delivery to those accounts for which you don't want to
> receive list messages.
> ( See http://pmichaud.com/mailman/options/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com ).
> This way you can post messages from the secondary accounts, but won't
> receive extra copies of messages from the listserv to those accounts.
>
> Pm

I'll do that.

Thanks for your quick help (I know why I love GNU-software and hate
commercial software and their hotlines :-)

I'm working on a "module" xsearch, based on your search.php which gives the
searchresults incl  the paragraph where the text was found (I read the mail
with the htdig topics, might be a quick solution for that) May be it's
interesting for others too.

Knut