[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki, suexec and php as cgi

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Apr 10 09:11:48 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 02:03:17AM -0500, Trevis Martin wrote:
> Hi, new to the list.
>
> I've been trying to intall pmwiki on my dreamhost account.  Dreamhost,
> for security, uses suexec on it server which I understand causes all
> scripts to run as the clients account name rather than noone and
> nogroup.  I essentially cannot do a chmod 2777 or a chmod 777 to let
> pmwiki install properly.

If you have suexec or some other system that causes the PHP scripts
to run as the client, then you shouldn't need to do the chmod 2777 or
chmod 777 step -- you can just skip it.  However, if PmWiki won't create
the wiki.d directory, that probably means that your ISP has the mkdir
function disabled in PHP.  In this case, you can just create the wiki.d
directory manually and things should work from there.