[Pmwiki-users] Hashcash ... an interesting idea for preventing span

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Thu Dec 2 09:53:18 CST 2004

I found the following of interest although I don't fully
understand it.  Perhaps there is a germ of an idea
that would be useful with PmWiki.  Just a thought.

<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-hashcash.html?ca=dgr-lnxw01HashCash>
<http://www.hashcash.org/>
<http://www.gnosis.cx/download/gnosis/util/hashcash.py>
<http://www.camram.org/frequently-raised-objections.html>

I'm wondering about the possibility of combining a small swf file
(estimates are that about 98% of browsers can handle this
type of file without any additional download) with the
hashcash concept and relating them to the edit process in
PmWiki.

Anyone familiar with hashcash or how to use it?

/JF