[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta6 released, and other news

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Dec 5 12:33:00 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 01:48:17PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2004-12-05  10:45 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >I've just released pmwiki-2.0.beta6, which primarily restores the
> >$WikiWordCount functionality that existed in PmWiki v1.  It basically
> >works the same as before--i.e., setting
>
> Patrick
>
> Thanks for the rapid development and beta releases.
>
> Is there a page on PmWiki.org that gives a step-by-step process for
> updating from one beta to another?

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades is the current description.
But essentially, for any minor release, you simply copy the files in
the new distribution over the existing ones.

Pm

>  For
> example, if sample-config.php has not changed, I obviously do not need to
> overwrite my current copy.

Even if sample-config.php has changed, you don't need to overwrite your
current copy.  Sample-config.php is simply that -- a sample --, and although
you might want to look through it to see if there are any new "tricks"
documented there that you'll want to include into your config.php,
there will never be anything there that has to change.  Plus any such
tricks will tend to show up first in the Cookbook anyway.