[Pmwiki-users] more thoughts on .htaccess

Neil Herber nospam
Tue Dec 7 13:30:06 CST 2004

At 2004-12-07  09:12 PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz is rumored to have said:
>Neil Herber wrote:
>>I suggest that .htaccess be removed from the default install and that the
>>page PmWiki/Security have an entry added that describes how to install
>>and activate it on Apache or other servers that use .htaccess. (I think
>>both Sambar and Xitami use .htaccess). I am more than willing to
>>contribute such a page, but I would want someone like Jo Durchholz to
>>check the Apache descriptions.
>
>Can do, willing to do :-)

Jo

I created a page here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WebServerSecurity

which does *not* suggest removing .htaccess, but notes that with a default
Apache 2 install, it won't work. It also offers suggestions of how to
rectify the situation. Your corrections or comments are most welcome!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668