[Pmwiki-users] Major change to layout code likely (again!)

Runar Oudmayer oudrun
Sun Feb 22 01:43:51 CST 2004

> Okay, the critics have spoken and the layout system introduced in 0.6.0
> is being officially declared "too ugly to keep", at least as the default.
> As a result, based on excellent feedback from others I've developed a
> new template-based system for describing layouts and this system is

I'm impressed again on how quick you respond and get to the point.  I've
only been around PmWiki for a realy short time, but already feel very
confident that the future of PmWiki is looking real good.

Looking at your template consept fairly quickly I would say tthat this sure
looks like the right way to go.

> The details of the template system are below, but it definitely pays
> to take a quick look at some of the examples at
> http://www.pmichaud.com/pmwiki/pub/skins.

Doing it this way gives the user the ability to quickly change the lay-out
based on a predefined template, and exsamples enough to start making their
own as soon sa the level of understanding increases.

And it also opens up for a "template" base where users can contribute.

One major issue to rembember in the world of Wiki is simplicity.

Again, great work.

/ /Runar