[Pmwiki-users] Directory hiearchy (was Re: Skins)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 22 13:54:39 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:29:20PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Lee Corbridge, DVM wrote:
>
> I think we definitely need a page that describes the directory hierarchy
> --- it ought to be very useful for new admins to find their way around the
> installation.

Already exists--http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/FilesAndDirectories.
Probably needs some more updating to bring it more in line with the 0.6.x
structures.

> We should probably separate between the "required"
> hierarchy, and "recommended" hierarchy. And there should probably at least
> be a sentence saying that the reason for the hiearchy has to do with
> security.

Yup.

> Maybe we should add a page to the cookbook, where we can place links
> pointing to pages in other sites where they describe how it is configured?

Already added, at least for skins and layouts, see
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/Skins.  Note that going to some of
the skins listed on this page changes the skin you're viewing PmWiki
pages as until you close the browser or visit another skin-setting page.

I'll be happy to host examples of skins on the PmWiki if people are
willing to contribute them.  I think it'll be good to get as many examples
as we can for others to see the power+flexibility of the system.