[Pmwiki-users] Markup...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 10 09:16:50 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:52:38PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I noticed that this actually works:
> 	# An item			1. An item
> 	::: Text				 Text
> 	# Another item			2. Another item
> Although it's a bit annoying that 'Text' ends up so far to the right, see
> the list examples further down on that page.

You can do

    # An item                           1. An item
    ::Text:                                 Text
    # Another item                      2. Another item

and "Text" is not so far to the right.  Of course, it becomes annoying
that "Text" would have to have all of its colons escaped, so this still
isn't perfect.  Another option would be to try to make something work with
the blockquote local customization (--> markup), but that may not be
exactly what you want either, since many browsers like to insert vertical
whitespace around blockquote tags.  *sigh*  We could always introduce
a new markup (say, ";;") that uses the remainder of the line as the <dt>
component, most browsers would then do:

   :An item with : not okay             An item with
                                            not okay
   ::Still : not okay                       Still
                                                not okay
   ;An item with : okay                 An item with : okay
   ;;Still : okay                           Still : okay
   #An item                              1. An item
   #Another item                         2. Another item
   ;;Text with : okay                       Text with : okay

but this all seems a bit too specialized for my tastes at the moment.