[Pmwiki-users] Markup...

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Jan 10 18:12:20 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:52:38PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > I noticed that this actually works:
> > 	# An item			1. An item
> > 	::: Text				 Text
> > 	# Another item			2. Another item
> > Although it's a bit annoying that 'Text' ends up so far to the right, see
> > the list examples further down on that page.
>
> You can do
>
>     # An item                           1. An item
>     ::Text:                                 Text
>     # Another item                      2. Another item

Thanks, that actually looks perfect...
	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Playground/ChristiansWikiSandbox

> and "Text" is not so far to the right.  Of course, it becomes annoying
> that "Text" would have to have all of its colons escaped, so this still
> isn't perfect.

Well, since I (for some reason) have been using

	::Text

instead of

	: :Text

to indent my stuff I'm quite used to escaping the colons. Maybe

	::Text

should just be interpreted as normal text? (Thereby forcing the user to
add the space).

>  Another option would be to try to make something work with
> the blockquote local customization (--> markup), but that may not be
> exactly what you want either, since many browsers like to insert vertical
> whitespace around blockquote tags.  *sigh*  We could always introduce
> a new markup (say, ";;") that uses the remainder of the line as the <dt>
> component, most browsers would then do:
>
>    :An item with : not okay             An item with
>                                             not okay
>    ::Still : not okay                       Still
>                                                 not okay
>    ;An item with : okay                 An item with : okay
>    ;;Still : okay                           Still : okay
>    #An item                              1. An item
>    #Another item                         2. Another item
>    ;;Text with : okay                       Text with : okay
>
> but this all seems a bit too specialized for my tastes at the moment.

I agree.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr