[Pmwiki-users] Action to provide last modified date and md5 checksum

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Jul 8 18:21:54 CDT 2004

On Friday, 9 July 2004 10:38 AM, Christian Ridderstr?m <chr at home.se> wrote:
>Hi
>
>When using pmwiki-mode in Emacs to edit pages, you often do quite a bit of
>editing over a long period of time. In fact, I often come back the next
>day and continue working in an emacs buffer that contains a
>wiki page.
>
>This is all very good and well for the person doing the editing from
>within Emacs, but if someone else edits the page in between, those changes
>will be overwritten when Emacs uploads the page.
>
>(In case someone wonders: There is a "reload-page" function, but I have a
>tendency to forget to use it).
>
>I was thinking of how to handle this, and in order to do that I think it
>would be good if I (Emacs) could access the last date a page was modified,
>and also if I could get an md5 checksum off a page's contents.
>
>Is this already available in pmwiki? If not, maybe we could introduce an
>action that provides details of a page in some simple format (e.g. plain
>text). For instance, this URI
>
>	http://www.pmwiki.org/Some/Page?action=rawinfo
>
>could output something like this:
>
>	Page path:	Some/Page
>	Creation date:	2323441234123
>	Last modified:	2323423423442
>	MD5 checksum:	0adf0423ad0
>	Timezone:	<something indicating the timezone of the server>
>
>What do you think?
>
>I can imagine adding all kinds of details to this page in future just for
>the fun of it.
>
>/Christian

IIRC, the Dublin Core recipe will return some of what you want. See

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MetaData

For example, have a look at the xhtml source of
http://wiki.lianza.org.nz/index.php/Main/HomePage?action=dc

You need the content of the <dc:date> element.

--
JR