OT: [Pmwiki-users] User problems when uploading files

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Mon Jun 14 15:29:15 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:12:11PM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>
> >Has anyone experience with using a public FTP-server to let users upload
> >files?
> >

> Someone in our departement  set up the webserver for our 30th
> anniversary a couple of years ago.
> He registered the domain, set up the computer and accidently left a
> public ftp open. Two days later, the computer was full of stolen software...

At the moment this is the easiest way to get actual *Z-files (WareZ,
MovieZ, AppZ, ...) :-)

A public FTP should only have write access to one directory that is
unreadable by public visitors.

-- Balu