[Pmwiki-users] include part of a page syntax, revisited

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Jun 20 19:53:20 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 16 June 2004 2:07 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>Hi, all-
>
>I'd like to revisit a discussion we held previously about potential
>syntaxes for including parts of other pages.  The current
>syntax is
>
>    [[include:PageName#start#end]]

>Comments, suggestions?
>
>Pm

A tangential question. Is it possible/desirable that:

    [[include:Group.PageName]]

could qualify all unqualified page references in PageName with
Group. so that links still work? And to qualify them with Group/
write:

    [[include:Group/PageName]]

For example, Main.AllRecentChanges might become:

[[include:Group1.RecentChanges]]
[[include:Group2.RecentChanges]]

and so on. (which raises questions about what order the includes
should be in, resorting the output and so on, but that's another
topic)

--
JR