[Pmwiki-users] ChangePmWikiURL / mod_rewrite

Robin Sheat robin
Mon Mar 15 20:07:06 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:56:19PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> Hmm, a thought...if I did an Alias instead of a Redirect, this would
> probably work fine...I might check this now.
Yay, that works. Saves a 302 redirect, so things are a little quicker,
and removes a class of problems I was having to work around.
Lesson: avoid using 302 redirects to set your wiki URLs. (Although I
still have one in /wiki to force people to use my new URL scheme, while
retaining compatibility with the old one, but that doesn't pose any
problems)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663