[Pmwiki-users] Sync of local pmwiki with remote pmwiki possible?

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat May 29 03:48:35 CDT 2004

On a related topic... I was toying with the idea of editing PmWiki pages
via e-mail.  I do most of my work off-line, so it makes sense for me to
create/edit wiki pages locally, whether that be in an e-mail message, or
in a local copy of PmWiki.

I was thinking of scheme's that would allow me to first check to see if
the page I was trying to edit/write had been touched, eg. if the last
edit date was later than the edit date (version/revision number) of the
copy that I had been working on.

It makes sense .. each wiki page has a revision number.  So all you need
to do is make sure your (first) revision immediately follows the last
revision number of the live copy.

This idea (or variations on this idea) might be a good place to start if
somebody is interested in designing either one of:
a) edit/create wiki pages via email
b) edit/create/mirror wiki pages via a plug-in that periodically
connects to the Internet and "updates" all the pages that need updating.

If somebody is interested in doing something like this, or co-authoring
something like this, let me know.  It might be a fun project.  I'm still
putting the finishing touches on my ImageGallery script so I'm not quite
ready to start a new project yet, but maybe in another week or two.

First thing to do would be to write a detailed requirements
specification of all the features, abilities, functions, and interface
details.  That makes it a lot easier to code.

-S