[Pmwiki-users] directive for DateTimeStamp für pmwiki 2

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Sat Nov 6 12:13:21 CST 2004

Laurent changed the DateTime script in the cookbook to run with pmwiki 2
(thanks !)

Before putting this to the v2 cookbook I'd like to start a small discussion:

what's about changing the output of the current date / time / date+time
within a page from a directive ([[datetime]] in v1 / (:datetime:) in v2) to
pmwiki-vars which can be referenced by {$Date} / {$Time} ([[DateTime]]
would become {$Date} - {$Time}) or {$Now} (for the time) and {$Today} (for
the current date) ?

I could provide ROZPatterns and Input for the compat1x-script for automatic
conversion, if the second solution should the first one.

In my opinion, these values are more variables than directives.

I also can put both solutions on the v2 cookbook-page (although I would
prefer to have only one solution) but I first want to get other opinions.

-Knut