[Pmwiki-users] Restore failed after spam attack on wiki.lyx.org

chr@home.se chr
Mon Nov 22 05:30:38 CST 2004

Hi

I fixed a spam attack on wiki.lyx.org today... someone (or something) had
simply written over quite a few pages with spam. The site was protected by
a simple password, but they might have slipped in using a 'side door' that
used an old pmwiki-version that wasn't protected - I don't know.

Anyway, I actually lost some information during this for some of the
pages.

Here's the error message I got:

  1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file wiki.d/txteq95Kf.rej

Unfortunately I didn't feel I had time to take a copy of the original
data, since I wanted to primarily fix the problem.

This is however a serious drawback IMO, that the restore operation can
fail...

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr