[Pmwiki-users] Restore failed after spam attack on wiki.lyx.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 22 07:01:26 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 01:21:40PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Here's the error message I got:
>
>   1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file wiki.d/txteq95Kf.rej
>
> Unfortunately I didn't feel I had time to take a copy of the original
> data, since I wanted to primarily fix the problem.
>
> This is however a serious drawback IMO, that the restore operation can
> fail...

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with diff(1)/patch(1) not being quite
as robust as we might like.  The phpdiff.php script (distributed since
1.0.11, default in PmWiki 2) seems to actually work more reliably.