[Pmwiki-users] external links in page history

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 29 07:53:41 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:38:41AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> Is the solution to this problem not something like the blacklist plugin?

Well, I'm working on a slightly different version of the blacklist plugin
now.  But the problem I've found with blacklists is being able to
keep them up-to-date, and they too often sweep up the good along with the
bad.  For example, earlier this month the pmwiki-users mailing list was
inoperable for 5 days because spamcop.net blacklisted the host running
the mailing list (totally unrelated to anything I might have done or from
PmWiki).

Ideally we'd like to have ways to automatically detect and reject spam
that doesn't require maintaining lists, and then use blacklists for those
things that the automatic filters can't catch.

More on this as it develops.