[Pmwiki-users] Relative URLs and Image Display

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Oct 19 15:14:12 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:02:21PM -0700, Greg wrote:
> I have a question about using relative URLs and inline
> images.  I
> would like to be able to use a relative URL to refer
> to images that are hosted on the same server as the
> wiki, so that if the wiki's URL changes, the inline
> image displays won't "break."  Any thoughts?

Use an InterMap entry -- i.e., on pmichaud.com I have the following
entry in local/localmap.txt:

   Img     http://www.pmichaud.com/img/

and then whenever I need an image from this directory, I just do
"Img:somepicture.gif".  This is also nice because it's easy to
remap the directory even on the same server.

(This probably belongs as a Cookbook recipe somewhere.)