[pmwiki-users] Two lists: (Was: Solution converting ISO)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Apr 20 14:29:20 CDT 2005

If it's voting time, I'm casting a reluctant nay. It's getting too split.
For example, I'm not even on the pmwiki-announce list.

Say we have two lists and someone wants to send a message on both. They have to
(1) remember which list is relevant to each message sent
(2) remember their actual spelling (maybe not a problem with smart email
clients)

then some people might get the same message twice. (unless Pm's listserv is
smart enough to notice that some messages are going out to two lists and
suppress the additional message(s))

I say a *reluctant* nay because I also separate messages by type in my
mailboxes:
-pmwikitodo (this gets all pmwiki posts from my in and out boxes by
auto-filtering)
-pmwikiadmin
-pmwikiauthor
-pmwikidesign
...and sometimes I can't decide where to place a certain message. I doubt
that I'd stuff all messages in the same boxes twice the same way.

At 02:30 PM 4/20/2005, Neil Herber wrote:
>At 2005-04-18  03:04 PM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>>I'm in favor of splitting the lists..  perhaps like this:
>>
>>* pmwiki-users: For authors and "normal" wiki administrators
>>* pmwiki-devel: For cookbook creators and advanced wiki administration

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)