[pmwiki-users] Problem with Edit conflicts

Dirk Blaas d.blaas at hccnet.nl
Sat Apr 23 15:27:26 CDT 2005

Hi,Patrick

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:42:06 -0500 you answered:
>It looks as though your site is running in safe_mode, which prevents
>PmWiki from calling the "diff3" program it needs to perform the
>merges/change edits.  I need to fix the bug that produces the empty
>edit screen, but for your site you'll probably need to look at
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimuleditWithoutPopen .

Thanks your quick and, as ever, correct answer. I hadn't come across that
item in the cookbook (and if I had I problably wouldn't have made the
connection, because the recipe is very short on explanation). I had some
trouble getting it to work (don't do these things in the middle of the
night) but now it does; the problem has gone. Leaves me with some more
questions:
1. Does this recipe have a disadvantage against the normal pmwiki script?
(performance)
2. In other words should i try to get my host to allow popen()?
3. On my local machine i appear to be running in safe mode as well (because
the problem was there as well); do you know how to put Apache in the correct
mode ?
4. Should I contribute a more explanatory text in the Cookbook, for others
who come across this problem?

Greatings from sunny Holland, DirkBlaas