[pmwiki-users] Problem with Edit conflicts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 23 20:13:56 CDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 10:27:26PM +0200, Dirk Blaas wrote:
> 1. Does this recipe have a disadvantage against the normal pmwiki script?
> (performance)

I don't know.  It might be significantly slower (and/or memory intensive)
on long pages since it's written in PHP, but that depends on a number
of factors.

> 2. In other words should i try to get my host to allow popen()?

My rule of thumb is to not over-optimize, so if it's working now
I'd leave it until it looks to be a problem.

> 3. On my local machine i appear to be running in safe mode as well (because
> the problem was there as well); do you know how to put Apache in the correct
> mode ?

safe_mode is normally set by the php.ini file, which depending on
the OS may be in a number of different places.

> 4. Should I contribute a more explanatory text in the Cookbook, for others
> who come across this problem?

Of course!  And we should probably have a link from PmWiki.SimlutaneousEdits
to the Cookbook recipe.  :-)