[pmwiki-users] The Edit Page - one liner? sub section only? like wikipedia.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 13:27:38 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 12:53:54PM -0500, Monty wrote:
> I've been thinking for some time now (2 months) about how useful it
> would be to allow the WikiUser to be able to focus on editing only ONE
> LINE of a page.  That ONE LINE could be an additional bullet point, a
> bookmark, a profile name & address, an image, or many other useful things.
>
> But, as useful as the ONE LINE edit idea is, perhaps it could be
> generalized into a SUB SECTION edit function - just like Wikipedia offers.

Section editing is indeed planned -- I'm just not planning to
implement it for 2.0.0, as it has design ramifications for the entire
editing process and I want to get PmWiki 2 out of beta status.

> Cons: (I'm groping for them)
> * Mantime required to implement

This is the big one, as well as being able to implement it in a way
that is consistent with other PmWiki features.