[pmwiki-users] Config group (Was: Edit page extensions)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 16:52:50 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:16:25PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > But yes, perhaps "PmWikiConfig" is best overall -- very little chance
> > for confusion or misinterpretation.  Either that or "SiteConfig".
>
> Please keep it short! I prefer group names which are short and which
> have no wiki camel letters.

Since these names are going to be typed rarely (if at all), and then
only by wiki administrators, having the name be longer actually makes
more sense than choosing a short, common name.

> So why not call the group just Config? or Configurations.

Because this removes these words from non-PmWiki uses; i.e.,
a site about Linux wouldn't be able to have a "Config" group
to describe linux configuration.

Actually, in thinking about this, some pages that go into the
"config" group might not be configuration items at all, but just
other related pages.  So how about "WikiEtc" or "PmWikiEtc"
instead?  Perhaps this could then also be a good place for
Cookbook things that aren't really "configuration" pages.