[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Apr 26 15:40:43 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:46:34PM +0100, Hans wrote:
>
>>I like buttons for save, preview and cancel on top as well as below
>>the edit textarea.
>>See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EditForm4
>

> I don't mind duplicating the save buttons at the top, but
> having the checkboxes at the top seems wrong to me somehow.

Not sure what makes you feel uneasy, but I'd be wondering what PmWiki
would do if one checkbox was checked and the other unchecked.

>>But I really would like the width of the textarea to be 100% of the
>>page, and not a fixed character width.
>
> As always this is customizable -- I may even make it customizable
> in the markup instead of just in CSS.  But there's already a
> request to make it customizable at a per-author level.... (sigh).  :-)

Try setting it to 100% and see whether the request persists.

(This is one of the cases where I think customisation is more of a
burden than a help: all users have to read and understand what it means,
a waste of time and concentration for the vast majority of them who
don't change the setting anyway.)

Regards,
Jo