[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 16:06:41 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:40:43PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Not sure what makes you feel uneasy, but I'd be wondering what PmWiki
> would do if one checkbox was checked and the other unchecked.

It'd likely be confused, or choose the value of the last one only.
(Depends on how the browser sends it and how PHP interprets it.)

> >>But I really would like the width of the textarea to be 100% of the
> >>page, and not a fixed character width.
> >
> >As always this is customizable -- I may even make it customizable
> >in the markup instead of just in CSS.  But there's already a
> >request to make it customizable at a per-author level.... (sigh).  :-)
>
> Try setting it to 100% and see whether the request persists.
>
> (This is one of the cases where I think customisation is more of a
> burden than a help: all users have to read and understand what it means,
> a waste of time and concentration for the vast majority of them who
> don't change the setting anyway.)

I'm afraid I don't understand this at all -- it's already set to
98% in the PmWiki default skin, and I'm sure that most of the other
skins set it to a wider width.  (PmWiki uses 98% because IE's box model
often has trouble with scrolling when it's set to 100%.)

What exactly are you saying I should "set" here?