[pmwiki-users] Mail Post Manual Trigger

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri Apr 29 11:16:26 CDT 2005

Radu wrote:

> Actually I always had that problem with the current MailPosts recipe.
> I didn't implement that recipe on the wiki I'm using to test pmwiki
> because it led to too much email traffic.
>
> What I would like to see, would be an action on the page itself,
> something like MailThisPage, that would send a link back to the wiki
> only to the people who have subscribed to that page.

That would be great!
It would relieve me of checking back on pages where I left a question,
for example. Heck, it would placing questions on wiki pages useful in
the first place!

 > Then we shift
> the responsibility back to the authors for letting others know when
> something important has happened on the wiki, something that requires
> feedback.

I must be missing something. I see responsibility in the wiki (sending
the mails) and in the visitors (express interest), but where's the
author's responsibility?

> I kicked the idea around for a while with Pm, but there was no
> expressed interest from others so we dropped it. At least until I get
> around to really needing something like it. :)

Well, count me as a vote for doing it :-)

Regards,
Jo