[pmwiki-users] Mail Post Manual Trigger

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Apr 29 11:55:21 CDT 2005

At 12:16 PM 4/29/2005, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>Radu wrote:
> > Then we shift
>>the responsibility back to the authors for letting others know when
>>something important has happened on the wiki, something that requires
>>feedback.
>
>I must be missing something. I see responsibility in the wiki (sending the
>mails) and in the visitors (express interest), but where's the author's
>responsibility?

Right now in MailPosts it's the responsibility of the wiki to let people
know about changes. And the wiki overdoes it :)

If instead the authors are offered the option of pressing an action link to
send the notice emails, then that responsibility goes back where it
belongs, in the hands of the authors.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)