[pmwiki-users] file upload does not overwrite

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 2 09:10:07 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 04:04:01PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I replaced upload.php with yours.
>

> Unfortunately again I have got this message:
> *
> Warning*: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 68717
> is not allowed to access uploads/Bäder/WC_blau_waschtisch_seite.jpg
> owned by uid 109 in
> */home/pacs/sco00/users/alain/doms/pantechnicon.org/subs/www/mrf/scripts/upload.php*
> on line *189*

What are the file ownerships and permissions of uploads/Bäder
and uploads/Bäder/WC_blau_waschtisch_seite.jpg ?

Since this problem just started occurring, is it possible that your
system administrator has recently switched your PHP configuration
to be using safe_mode where it wasn't doing so before?  Nothing has
changed about PmWiki's upload algorithm in a very long time.