[pmwiki-users] audiences revisited or revised ???

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Aug 4 19:39:14 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-04  07:17 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>  the audience is more like "people interested in learning
>more about PmWiki", which means we could probably identify these
>specific documents by their topic ("About PmWiki") as opposed
>to the intended audience.

Agree wholeheartedly!

I have already run into one instance (and I expect there will be more)
where an "AboutTopicX" page would be useful.

For example, if I want to know about how to use the EditForm, I can't look
at the page Site.EditForm, because it is the form itself. I either need a
PmWiki.EditForm page (too easy to confuse with the Site version) or a
PmWiki.AboutSiteEdit page.

This page should have a bit of disambiguation preamble to explain why it
has nothing to do with Cookbook.EditTemplates.

A similar prefix found in the docs is "Using", as in UsingCategories,
hence, UsingSiteEdit, although this page would normally be targeted towards
an admin rather than a reader.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/