[pmwiki-users] Re: Reader docs (Was: audiences revisited or revised ???)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Aug 5 17:46:22 CDT 2005

At 05:37 PM 8/5/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Radu wrote:
>
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiElements
>
>I looked at your page and to me it seems like a list of terminology,
>explaining different concepts and so on. This is fine as a reference, but
>I wonder if it isn't too compact for a basic reader? Did you indend it for
>all kinds of readers?

Heh. It's not MY page, it is my suggestion, in order to keep it short
and scannable for a rushed surfer who might be interested in becoming
a reader, then author.

>In addition, it should be very useful to go to Category.Category just in
>order to see a list of the existing categories! If the reader doesn't know
>about this possibility, why would he use it?

Good point. I just added it.

> > >* How can I find uploaded files?
> >
> > readers? by clicking the links :)
>
>I do think this is a valid question. A reader might well want to download
>a file, but how does he go about finding that file? (Assuming the link
>isn't staring him in the face of course :-)

OK. I tried, but probably there are no uploads in PmWiki... Could you
try to get it to work?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Radu